People are obsessed with this cake when I make it. To be fair, its absolutely delicious.
Just to be clear, I didn’t originally write this recipe, but I totally don’t even mind. This Snickerdoodle Cake is out of this world delicious; it’s comparable to a trip in the enterprise or the tardis. I changed the recipe a little, but I’d like to post the link to the blog I got it from and give her a shout-out before diving into what I did.
Always with Butter is the original creator of the Snickerdoodle Cake I’ve made. Her/His recipe is near flawless, but I did change some things for the better because I didn’t make as many layers. Also, my adaptions made it a better cupcake batter too.
Here is Always with Butter‘s recipe with my adaptions, and the frosting recipe as well.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbls baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbls cinnamon
- 2 sticks butter, softened at room temp
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix so that everything is evenly dispersed. Set aside.
- Take a large bowl and beat the butter on medium high with an electric mixer until the butter is whipped. Add the sugar and continue to beat so as to make a fluffy mix.
- Add each egg, one at a time. Add the vanilla. Scrape the sides with a rubber spatula to make sure everything is combined.
- Now, alternate adding the flour mixture and milk in small amounts until everything has been added to the large bowl. The batter may be a bit thick, but it’s so good. (All I wanted to do was eat the batter. I probably ate a whole cupcake worth.)
- Pour batter into 9″ baking pans, cupcake tins, or whatever you’ve got.
- If you’re making cupcakes, bake for 15-17 minutes. If making with the 9″ baking pans, about 40-45 minutes. It takes a bit longer, but the cake is perfectly moist
I didn’t change anything about the frosting recipe, so I just feel like I should post the link right here to let you visit it if you want to make it!
Enjoy the f*ck out of this cake. It’s so good.